What are you doing about the condition of the tanks and vessels in your facility that could cost you thousands or even millions to replace? If you’re like most people, your tank or vessel is a major capital investment. You want to protect that investment for years to come.
What is weld overlay? An application of material (in our case, metal) to another surface in order to protect it from wear or corrosion.
This process is ideal for towers, separators, coke drums, reactors, tanks, digesters, boilers, nozzles, heat exchangers and more.
When it comes to industrial plants, one of the most important things to consider is the wear and tear that your equipment will face.
Over time, this wear and tear can lead to decreased efficiency and even total failure of your plant. Here’s where Nooter Specialty Services can help!
Here are 5 ways automated weld overlay can help you save money!
- Permanent, Maintenance-Free Repair, Extending the Life of Your Tank/Vessel
- Permanently repairing your tank/vessel is a must if you want it to last. Avoid the cost and headache of a repair job that will have to be done again in a few years. Once our automated process is completed, you can continue using your tank or vessel as you did when first purchased.
- Consistent Weld Deposits
- We all know that these deposits can vary, but did you know that Nooter Speciality Services can help you obtain a consistent appearance on each vessel? Inconsistent deposits do not last and cost you both money and time. A smooth overlay on the entire surface of your vessel can be achieved with our automated process since each deposit is exactly the same as the last. With higher consistency comes lower error, less headache, and more profit!
- Minimal base metal penetration
- No heat cracking here. Automated weld overlay penetrates the surface at a perfect balance, throughout the whole process. This ensures the welds remain intact and strong throughout high-pressure environments, increasing the integrity of the vessel.
- Superior Weld Chemistry
- A weld’s strength is determined by achieving complete fusion or coalescence with the base metal and deposit material. To achieve proper corrosion and erosion resistance, a homogeneous weld deposit with a uniform chemical composition throughout the deposit must be applied repeatedly with minimum dilution and consistent composition.
- Excellent Surface Profile
- The profile of the surface of the vessel can be seen in picture 1A (please see above) as being smooth and consistent throughout.
Nooter Specialty Services provides a permanent solution with corrosion resistance and/or base metal restoration for process vessels and boilers. We have decades of experience with various weld wire alloys utilized for overlays and base metal restorations, including stainless steels, nickel-based alloys, low alloy steels, and carbon steels among others.
In addition to spherical and 2:1 elliptical heads, cones, transitions, and sidewalls, Nooter Specialty Services’ systems can be adapted for automatic welding of both vertical and horizontal vessels. Further, most areas of a boiler can be welded automatically, resulting in several times more production than in hand welding.
The corrosion resistance properties make it ideal for protecting and/or restoring boiler sidewalls, floors, roofs, screen tubes, and slopes.
With field supervision and technical support services, you will be able to meet your turnaround schedule and project specifications.
Whom should I contact?
Among Nooter Specialty Services’ capabilities are high-level engineering expertise, experience, and the industry’s best overlay equipment.
Contact Jason Triche now with Nooter Specialty Services at 225-892-2104 for advice on what your next step should be.
We will engineer a plan to get your equipment back in top condition!